Sunday, July 18, 2010
How to Make Mutton Chops
Its not like I am the greatest cook in the world, but I believe that my recipes would surely help moms know how to make mutton chops at home and impress her husband and children.
Following are given all the required ingredients for the mutton chop recipe,
1. 1/2 kg. mutton chops.
2. 2 tablespoon oil.
3. 2 medium size onions.
4. 2 small tomatoes.
5. 1 teaspoon black pepper.
6. 2 or 3 green chili.
7. 1 teaspoon red chili.
8. 1 teaspoon turmeric.
9. 7 or 8 garlic pieces.
10. one small piece of ginger.
11. 2 teaspoon coriander seeds.
12. 1 teaspoon cumin(geerah).
13. 1 teaspoon poppy seeds(khas khas).
14. 1/2 teaspoon of mixed powder of cloves, cinnamon and cardamom.
15. 1/2 small bowl of curd and butter.
16. finally salt.
My recipes include making of spice pastes and powder at home itself, so following direction shows you how to make pastes and powders too. My special way of cooking pastes and powder of spices always homemade.
Follow the under given directions properly.
1. You have two options either go with the pestle and mortar or the mixer grinder. Ok grinder would make things a little faster so i would preffer grinder.
2. Make paste of tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger and green chili and here's a tip add a very little amount of salt so that the paste won't taste bitter.
3. Now take all the dry spices like coriander seed, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, black pepper and poppy seeds, and roast them a little on a pan. Once roasted grind them together to make spice powder.
4. Wash the mutton chops and marinate it with onion garlic paste(point 2) and add a little, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt(as per taste). Keep this aside for sometime.
5. Next warm some oil in a pan, and put the marinated chops into the pan. Fry the chops for about 2 mins. Now add curd and the spice powder(point 3) to the pan and fry a little more then add a glass of water and keep it for cooking on medium flame till the meat is cooked properly say 20 to 30 mins.
Now, you are done. While serving add a butter, voila there you are.
thank you, love